What: This is an annual research competition held during the spring semester for all CWRU undergraduates who have conducted research at CWRU which is biologically related.
Application Deadline: March 27, 2020
The competition honors the collaborative research initiated in 1885 between Albert A. Michelson, a Case physicist, and Edward W. Morley, a Western Reserve Chemist, which culminated in the Michelson-Morley experiment of 1887. This experiment negated the ether theory of space and constituted some of the experimental findings basic to Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity. This program is supported by the Department of Biology.
To apply for the competition students must:
- Write a paper in the form of a journal article on your biological, biochemical, biopsychological, or biomedical research carried out at any institution in 2019 or 2020.
- Fill out an entry form. Click here to download: MM-Application_2020
- Submit all materials to the biology office, Room 207, DeGrace Hall OR via email to email@example.com, by March 27, 2020. (Please include the submission of your paper)
- Apply for the SOURCE Symposium. If accepted to present at Michelson-Morley you will also be credited with SOURCE (but you must apply). Application online at http://www.case.edu/source/
- Prepare a 10 minute PowerPoint Presentation on your research for the oral competition held April 17th.
- Not all Michelson-Morley applicants are assured a public presentation.
The finalists selected will give oral presentations on April 17, 2020. A panel of judges will determine the winners.
$400 First Prize
$300 Second Prize
$200 Third Prize
For additional information contact Katie Bingman at (216) 368-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org , Department of Biology, DeGrace Hall, room 207.