What: This is an annual research competition held during the spring semester for all CWRU undergraduates who have conducted research at CWRU or other universities which is biologically related.
When: April 20, 2018
Application Deadline: March 25, 2018
The competition honors the collaborative research initiated in 1885 between Albert A. Michelson, a Case physicist, and Edward W. Morley, a Western Reserve Chemist, which culminated in the Michelson-Morley experiment of 1887. This experiment negated the ether theory of space and constituted some of the experimental findings basic to Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity. This program is supported by the Department of Biology.
To apply for the competition students must:
- Write a paper in the form of a journal article on your biological, biochemical, biopsychological, or biomedical research carried out at any institution in 2017 or 2018.
- Fill out an entry form. Click here to download: MM-Application_2018
- Submit all materials to the biology office, Room 207, DeGrace Hall, by March 25, 2018. (May also be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) Please submit an electronic version of your paper.
- Apply for the SOURCE Symposium. If accepted to present at Michelson-Morley you will also be credited with SOURCE (but you must apply). Application online at http://www.case.edu/source/
- Not all Michelson-Morley applicants are assured a public presentation.
The finalists selected will give oral presentations on April 20, 2018. A panel of judges will determine the winners.
$300 First Prize
$200 Second Prize
$100 Third Prize
For additional information contact Katie Bingman at (216) 368-4301 or email@example.com , Department of Biology, DeGrace Hall, room 207.